background

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crazy Hair Day

This morning during breakfast, The Brain was sporting a nice "fro" as his hair was just drying from his bath. Honey Bear thought it looked great but, I was hoping for a more put together look for my children. So we went to the bathroom to tame his locks.

While combing I remembered, "Oh no!!!! It's Crazy Hair/Hat day.... I almost forgot!"

Too late to leave the "fro" so we spiked it. Then Honey Bear suggested we comb down just one side. The Brain loved it. But, he started crying. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Last year on Pajama Day you forgot, and I was the only kid wearing regular clothes."

He had never said anything at the time. I guess it really scared him. Good thing I remembered the special school day this fall... even though we almost missed it. I've got some flakiness from last year to make up for, apparently.

Mr. Fingers was to wear a hat since he has not much hair. When Honey Bear suggested we shave him a mo-hawk, Mr. Fingers loved that idea. We didn't have much time at this point... but we quickly got out the shaver and went to work. Honey Bear was the barber, and for some reason it wasn't working. So he just shaved all of his hair off. Good thing Mr. Fingers can pull off that look.






It was cold, but that isn't why he was crying. He didn't want to go to school. He doesn't want to go to school every morning, and every morning he cries. When I ask him why, he tells me that school is boring. Then he comes home, and has always had a wonderful day and loves school again. He's driving me crazy. I don't know what to do with that one.


We brought his hat just in case, and he decided that he wanted to wear it. At this point he has seen other kids wearing crazy hats, and sporting crazy hair, and has almost decided that he likes school again. Go figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment