background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

9 years ago today...

This handsome young man...


Was here




Inside my belly!



I remember what it was like when he was there. I was hot. All. The. Time. You try incubating a little human in your body and see if you aren't sweltering.
I was also scared to death as to how this person was going to come out of my body. It didn't seem like it would be a very comfortable process... and I was only looking forward to it because I couldn't stand it anymore... and I wanted to meet this little man.
What did he look like? I wondered. What was his personality like? I wondered. I was just dying to know who this guy would be.
Little did I know I was about to get pooped on, peed on, spit up on (A LOT!)... I would not sleep, I would hardly eat, and my whole life was about to be turned upside down by 9 lbs and 11 oz of pure joy.
The good news was: He is handsome. He is smart. And. He is a sweetheart.
I was taking a shower right after he was born and I started crying. I felt so alone without him inside of me anymore, and though he was only in the next room it was too far away. Today, any time he is away... it is too far away.



I love The Brain! Happy Birthday soon!


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait to meet him too! Being his Fav Aunt is almost as good as being a MOM. I love that Brain and Was so happy to meet him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww.... I love prego pictures!

    ReplyDelete