background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reason Number 1,566,329

We call this man:
Mr. Fingers


When he came home from school a couple days ago and I was going through his back pack (like any good, nosey mom does after school) I found something I didn't recognize. It was a piece of paper with sentences on it that he had written, and there was a stamp at the bottom that said, "Parent's signature X_________________."

"What is this about?" I asked.

"I had a bad day at school.... I got in trouble," he replied

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I wasn't EVEN DOING ANYTHING!" he stated emphatically.

"That's what they all say," I said.

"Well... I was touching my friends and it was bugging them," he said in defeat.

In my automatic lecture voice I went into the "you know better" s ..... and the "respect other people's bubbles" speech that I have given to this boy I don't know how many times.

I signed the bottom of the page and put it in his backpack to take back to school.
-By the way... the sentences on the page read:

"I will not stick my fingers in other people's ears."

Good one Mr. Fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment