background

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Snake Song

I like to take songs and re-write the words to make it my own.

I changed the words to Ingrid Michaelson, "The Way I Am" and wrote a song for my little Snake.
Just in case you are not familiar with the song I have it playing on the music player at the bottom of this page.

Before I tell you my/Snake's lyrics you must know that ever since The Snake could first talk most of our conversations went something like this:

Snake: "Mom, you be the momma ..... (insert what ever he was thinking about that day), and I'll be the baby........ (insert the same version of what ever I was pretending to be) Ok?"

me: "OK"

Snake: "Hi momma .....(bear, puppy, little red riding hood, pony, etc)"

me: "Hi baby ..... (bear, puppy, little red riding hood, pony, etc) "

Snake: "I love you momma.......(bear, puppy, little red riding hood, pony, etc)"

me: "I love you too baby....... (bear, puppy, little red riding hood, pony, etc)"

So here is The Snake's Song:

If you are falling, then I will catch you.
If you are hungry, I'll make a snack.
Cause I.... Love.... the way you call mamma panda.
And you... are always my baby panda.

If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
If your tummy aches, I'll make it better.
Cause I.... Love... the way you call me mamma big bad wolf.
And you.... are always my baby big bad wolf.

I'll buy you a hat, when you find the scissors and cut your hair,
Sew on patches... to all you tear.
Cause I.... Love.... the way you call me Kanga.
And you..... are always my baby Roo.












1 comment:

  1. stinkin adorable! made me wanna cry! baby hungry much? Noooooooo Yes :)

    ReplyDelete