background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day Treasures

A friend of mine posted on facebook all the wonderful gifts her husband gave her for Valentines Day. She got personalized stationary, a white chanel watch with diamonds in it, a tickets for a trip to Mexico, and special shinny chrome "thingies"/brand new tires on her car.

Yeah, I was jealous for about five seconds....

Then I realized, who needs special chrome "thingies" for your stupid car anyway? That's great that her husband makes a ton of money (maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to get a rich husband) haha... just kidding.

We may be poor as church mice, but I am a lucky girl. I was given some great treasures from some people who I love very much.

First, was the beautiful flowers that my lubby-dubby-hubby got me.


My very good friend who watches The Snake for me while I'm in class gave me this amazing cookie!



...there were also some chocolate strawberries that didn't quite make it home to get their picture taken.

Then one of my Anatomy and Physiology besties who knows about my weird obsession for pencils gave me a smencil. It is a pencil made out of recycled newspapers and it scented! Cinnamon! ---Smells So Good!



Mr. Fingers put his talented hands to work and made me the classic lace Valentine. What a charmer!


I got these birdhouses at the craft store for a dollar a piece. I brought them home for the boys to paint and told them they could give it to whoever they wanted to. They quickly came up with three different lucky ladies who would receive these birdhouses. After they were all done... I did it... I couldn't help myself... I laid on the guilt.
"You know... you could give it to your mom. She loves you a whole lot. I guess no one loves a smelly old mommie around here."
I got lots of hugs, kisses, and loves with that line.... and three birdhouses.



The best gifts though are the ones you give. Each of my little Valentines got a wake up song Monday morning, a wake up Valentine kiss, and a box of chocolates....





... for Breakfast.
Can you feel the love?



1 comment:

  1. You are such a good Mom! I did not get my kids anything for V-day.
    I saw your new little nephew the other day. I think he looks an awful lot like Mr. Fingers and The Snake.

    ReplyDelete