background

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Top Ten Cereals

We are living

In a Cereal World

And I am a Cereal Girl.



I love cereal! I love it so much I believe that the world needs to know which ten are the best:



#10 Rice Crispies



This cereal made the top ten for the shear fact that it makes a cool crispy noise. It doesn't taste too bad, but you have to eat it fast because soggy Rice Crispies are no bueno.



#9 Cap'n Crunch Berries



It is true that they put microscopic shards of glass in those delicious little yellow bails of ... whatever. Still, I am willing to muscle through the roof of my mouth being cut up into bloody shreds in order for the undeniable amazing taste of these berrie'lishish treats. Come on folks, sacrifice your body for the cereal.





#8 Grape Nuts



These are good, and good for you. Only problem is you really gotta put in a supplement to enhance the taste. I usually go for slices of banana, or strawberries (see post below) if I've got them.




#7 Frosted Flakes



This is an old school Classic. Seriously, it was one of the first cereals ever made. Back in the days when the world was in black and white, and girls only wore skirts, this bad boy emerged on the scene. It is still a favorite, and quite delicious today. And, I gotta say it... They're GRRRRREAT!



#6 Lucky Charms



This is a sugar cereal treat. Not only is it great for breakfast, but it can work for a snack, or in a pinch... dessert. Yumm-Oh



#5 Honey Nut Cherrioes



I am not normally a fan of Honey. When I was a little girl I wanted to see what the fuss was all about, and why Winnie the Pooh loved it so much so I stuck a spoon full in my mouth. YUCK. I haven't liked the stuff since. The only exception is this cereal. It is excellent. And nutritious too.



#4 Froot Loops



Both my Daddy and I love these fruity o's. My children love them also. I even bought a toucan baby costume and each of my children have been Toucan Sam for their first Halloween. I am crazy about cereal.




#3 Kix



I ate this one like crazy when I was fresh outa High School and going to good old Ricks College. From the time I was 18 until about 20 years old, practically all I ate were Dole juice (orange strawberry banana), and Kix. Now that is sustenance.

#2 Blueberry Muffin Frosted Mini Wheats

If you've got a blueberry muffin in one hand, and frosted mini wheats in the other, I only have one thing to say: Put you hands together! This is truly a match made in Heaven. It is new to the Cereal scene so if you haven't already tried it... I highly recommend you do.





#1. Raisin Bran

Honestly, I am on a Raisin Bran kick right now. You get the "good for your pooper" benefits from the bran, plus the sugared up deliciousness from the raisins.... you can't go wrong. (just don't look at the nutrition facts.... the calorie count was more than I expected. It may have something to do with the fact that the raisins are covered with sugar).


P.S. Life cereal did not make the list even though I always have it in my cupboard. The kids love it, but I will only eat it if I HAVE too. When Life gets soggy it is GRRR-oss.





No comments:

Post a Comment