background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Silly Stuff Fingers Says


This kid is hilarious! I can't believe some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Two of his most recent brilliant moments...




1. We were discussing the tooth fairy. The Brain was letting us all know that he did not believe in her anymore. He said that his friend at school stayed up all night to see her, and her mom actually came in and left money under her pillow. I guess she was fake sleeping. I said, "Well, the tooth fairy knows if your awake and won't come... you can't trick her. She will only come if you are asleep." It was like a huge light bulb went on for Fingers. With large gestures and wide eyes he emphatically informed us, "Stuff happens all the time when I'm asleep, and I don't even know about it." For a four year old, he is pretty smart.




2. Warning, this story is a little bloody. First thing you should know is that Fingers is a tactile "hands on" kind of guy. He looks at things with his hands. His eyes see perfectly well, but it doesn't exist until Fingers has touched it. One major advantage for Fingers's having to handle every thing is that he also has a good memory, and can tell you where missing house-hold items are. "Fingers, where's the (hair brush, nail clippers, keys, toilet lid)?" He always runs off to get it for you only to return instantly with the missing item. It's amazing!




A few weeks ago, Fingers came to me crying, and holding his bloody index finger. "Fingers, what happened?" I asked. "Pooh-Paw (my dad) was right," he said. "You shouldn't put your finger in the pencil sharpener."

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kaite, I'm so glad that you are blogging again!! Love the picture's and the stories. What are you guys doing for spring break?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for the blog! I am excited to get a glimpse of what you're up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, we are going to... um, disney world. My parents decided to spoil me and the boys (just a little)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! You guys will have so much fun, is Ryan going too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope. the trip was planned before Ryan was in the picture. he is sad but, he plans to pass the time by making overtime at work. If you're not making money, you're spending it :)

    ReplyDelete